A Message from SouthernCarlson Regarding COVID-19/Coronavirus
Dear Valued Customer,
We want to provide an update on how SouthernCarlson is navigating through the changes in the business environment due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As always, our top priority is the health and safety of our associates, customers and vendor partners.
In response to this public health emergency, we’ve established a core committee that is working in alignment with the CDC and health authorities across the country to ensure that we’re taking all necessary preventative measures to do our part to control and contain this virus. We would like to share the most updated preventive actions we are taking.
Supporting our Associates
We continue to share information with associates on the best ways to keep themselves and their families safe and healthy. To help prevent the spread of the virus we have:
- Suspended both international and domestic travel.
- Limited non-essential travel from location to location.
- Suspended all vendor visits to our facilities.
- Suspended large in-person group meetings.
Keeping our Stores Clean and Safe
We’ve always been proud of the cleanliness and operations of our stores, and we know that keeping them clean and sanitized is even more important now. In addition to our daily cleaning efforts, we’re increasing the time spent cleaning and sanitizing our stores.
Keeping your shelves stocked and your production line running.
- Manufacturer/Supplier Interactions: We are working closely with all our manufacturers/suppliers to minimize supply-chain disruption. How are we doing this?
- Opportunity Purchasing: We are investing in larger purchases when possible to help maintain current supply and future recovery inventory.
- Forecasting: We continue to maintain weekly forecasting conversations with our customers to help prioritize potential supply disruptions and prepare for surge demands during the recovery periods.
Due to the high demand for nails and staples, we are imposing order allocations to no more than 30 days based off purchase history. We are also requesting some latitude for item substitutions.
We greatly appreciate your patience and willingness to work with us through this period of temporary adjustment.
All the best,
Chief Executive Officer