Summertime Jobsite Safety
Heat-related illnesses can be deadly. Thousands become sick every year and many die due to preventable heat-related illnesses. With summer temperatures rising, now is the best time to prepare for working outdoors in excessive heat by following a few simple steps.
To prevent heat illness: WATER. REST. SHADE.
- Drink water every 15 minutes,even if you are not thirsty.
- Rest in the shade to cool down.
- Wear a hat and light-colored clothing.
- Learn the signs of heat illness and what to do in an emergency.
- Keep an eye on fellow workers.
- Learn the signs of heat illness and what to do in an emergency. Click here to view OSHA's Heat Related Illnesses and First Aid advice